Friday 21 April 2017

Book Review: My Hand To Hold by Smriti Prasadam-Halls


My Hand to Hold is a beautifully illustrated, feel-good book with the overall message of unconditional love running deeply through.The rhyming structure flows well  which I enjoy in children's books. It is beautifully illustrated, oh wait, I said that already? Well it is! The rabbits play through every breathtaking season. The rabbits are also not given specific genders so it can apply to any family unit. What I like best though is that it shows that life isn't always sunshine and roses:

'I love you in the dazzling sun,
When everything we do seems fun.
But when you have to shout and yell,
I love you at those times as well.'

This is definitely a book aimed at younger children (under 5's) but is lovely and sweet so older siblings won't mind listening in.

Available now in hardback and paperback.

Thanks to Hachette for my review copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!