Sunday 11 May 2014

Mothers Day - 22 Days In

I have now been a Mother for 22 days, although it's debatable if you count those pregnant days when you grow so attached to the unknown little dot in utero.

I now get to join the countless others who call themselves Mothers, as well as appreciate my own Mother a whole bunch more.

Here are a few things I have learnt about being a Mother so far:

  • There is a switch. It is hardwired to turn on at some point and it will probably never turn off. The Motherhood switch controls your instincts - always subconsciously aware of where your child is, always ready to react if any sort of danger threatens. Always alert to any noise or cry and always having a hug at the ready.

  • There is no better feeling of accomplishment like FINALLY getting your child to sleep after what seems like endless hours of fussing and crying.

  • There is no limit to the amount of time you can spend staring at your child. 

  • The same goes for cuddling.
I have learnt in my short time as a Mum, that there is nothing more scary, more daunting, nothing that makes you feel more out of control or out of your depth than having children.
But more importantly, there is nothing more amazing, more inspirational, nothing more worth your time than pouring everything you have (literally if you are breastfeeding!) into raising your child and watching them thrive on your love.

I have a lot to learn, but the learning will never stop.

Happy Mothers Day to all those who call themselves Mothers!

This is apparently is a trend called Baby Mugging - click on the link to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!