Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Review

I'm so glad to have this blog to capture the major goings on in the life of my little family. I tend to only blog about the good things or creations I have made so at the end of the year I like to look back and remember and be thankful for what has been achieved.
We had some pretty awesome things happen this year...

January


  • The year started with Dave's amazing Vintage Bike Restoration and I rode my bike for a good part of the year to and from work.

  • I introduced my cat - Killer and showcased some of the best blog photobombs she made it into!




  • I also gave a tour of our old rental and how I styled it in my Temporary Home series
February



March
  • In March I became impatient about learning how to cut glass to make A Pretty Mirror.
  • I made over not ONE but TWO Standard Lamps


  • March also began one of the years greatest journeys - playing Roller derby. I wrote a series called Diary of a Derby Girl
April
  • April held my first Product Review for Stuck on You which involved personalised towels and kitchen labels.
  • One of the years highlights was attending the Bloggers Connecting Conference in Christchurch. I met so many lovely ladies whose blogs I stalk read all the time.


    May 
    • May revealed some great news - We bought a house! I wrote some tips to help simplify the First Home Buying Process


  • I started making a Rainbow Chevron Quilt (which is currently still in process)
  • I repaired my laptop and took a trip down Memory Lane looking through my old photos!
June
 July

August
  • August was my first foray into amigurumi where I made a pair of Crochet Giraffes
  • I also revealed some photos from my Trash the Dress Photoshoot I did in 2011

September and October
  • The blog went strangely quiet during September and October until I revealed our Big News
    Turns out the blog was quiet while I fought my way through morning sickness and the glorious First Trimester. 

    November

     
    December

    • December was a baby month on the blog. I started doing Weekly Updates on Baby C's progress.
    • We also tried and failed to find out Baby C's gender so no gender reveal on the blog yet!
    • Christmas came and went and we are now relaxing on holiday, using the terrible Canterbury weather to catch up on sleep, re-arrange the lounge and watch some TV series.

    What a year! Two huge milestones for us - a house and a baby on the way! This year Dave and I were stoked to become homeowners and even more over the moon to find out that we will become parents. In amongst a lot of projects and yard work and roller derby!

    2014 will probably be the most challenging year for us - sleep-wise anyway. But BRING IT ON!
    xx

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting year for you...and next year will be even more brilliant! Eeeep! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!