Tuesday 12 March 2013

Mirror Mirror on the Wall


One of my (many) projects half finished is this mirror frame. As you may remember I am the queen of brass frames and am always on the look out for things to do with them.


                      Spray-painted brass frames


 My next project is to turn these frames into mirrors.

I realised as soon as I enlisted the help of my amazing hubby, that this wouldn't be as simple as I thought. It turns out that cutting glass/mirror is more than just going at it with a saw. It requires safety goggles, a glass cutter, some sort of tapping device and a tonne of patience. None of which I have but my hubby has all of. He cut out the first one with me and when I asked if I could do the next one he said, 'you have to practice cutting straight lines first'.
BORING! I want to get this project done! But since that was the ultimatum, I have not cut straight lines and therefore not graduated to cutting curves.

Hence the project is at a standstill.

BUT, these frames are just sitting there taunting me so the next free afternoon I have I will practice my straight lines.



3 comments:

  1. Love it! And yes straight lines do seems so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha, I hope you have a graduation ceremony! Can I come to it? I'll bring a graduation gift too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I can so imagine Raccoon saying that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!