Wednesday 5 September 2012

Pallet Art


I had a few slightly broken pallets lying around from a time when my old flatmate decided to make a pallet bed. They were shoved to the side of the house ready for an awesome summertime bonfire but I had a flash of inspiration and decided to try it out.

This is my tester version. Slightly blurry with the stencil overspray and not quite the right fonts but I still think it looks awesome.

I got to use a skill saw - under Dave's supervision
The back, glued and screwed
Luckily the glue hadn't totally dried and I could tap that wonky board back into place after this photo

What do you think?
I'm hoping to make a few up to sell at a market next month.
What words would you be interested in seeing?
What price should I sell them for? Or what would you buy them for? (this one is approx 40cm x 30cm)
 Do you like the pieces rough and different lengths or all uniform?

Cheers for your opinions :) It is pretty exciting to hop on the pallet bandwagon!

9 comments:

  1. I like...the only thing I don't like is the first two boards letters don't match up I/O/R. I like they are different heights and you could charge $20+ for them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed them so they match up now. That will teach me for being too keen to take photos before the glue dries. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. these are COOL!
    would be cool if had more paint wearing off look too.
    "Live the Dream"
    "Love is all you need"
    'Live and Let Live"
    "Carpe Diem" *Spell Check . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I shall try sand them back a bit. The only downside of using spraypaint is that the coat isn't as thick.

      Delete
  3. I like it too. Especially red - my favourite!
    You could do Faith, Hope, Love? Live, Laugh, Love? His, Hers, Ours? I also thought you could do wonky lengths, kind of mismatched but on purpose? Dunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red too! I will try out the wonky lengths.
      I also like Faith, Hope Love too :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea Amy, I'm sure they would do well at a market.
    I think I prefer even lengths, but we're not all the same so maybe some mismatched length too. Distressed paint always looks cool and as for words how about.....peace, joy, hope, create, dream, inspire, where do you stop!!
    Have fun.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE it and once you've worked out how much let me know!
    Live Laugh Love is our house motto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! Make me an offer and it shall whip one up for ya :) Not too sure how much postage would be though..

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!