Sunday 5 August 2012

Doily Art - Simple but effective!


This is a really quick and cheap way of making some pretty wall art!

Here's what you need:
Paper doilies (from $2 shops)

A canvas - mine is covered with some plain fabric

Spraypaint (any colour)
That's it! Follow the pictorial method above and you will be away laughing.


Handy Hints:
  • If you don't like the slightly blurry look, try using a sponge to dab some paint on or a regular paintbrush instead of spraypaint.
  •  Use a weight to hold the doilies down.
  • If the edges of the doilies fan upwards, try turning them over before applying paint. Ah the joy of symmetry. 
  • The beauty of this artwork is that it leaves a nice blank circular space in the middle to add some text or a picture.
Here is one I painted earlier
That's a bit of an inside joke between Dave and I, an adaptation from Winnie the Pooh.

I would love to see what you come up with , especially if you aren't boring like me and use nice bright colours, so make sure you link me a picture of your creations!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great - love it and the idea of putting the print in the centre is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! Its so my style, just have to play around with some different colours and techniques

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!