Saturday 10 March 2012

Cake Decorating Attempt #1

A few weeks ago I went to a twilight garage sale the Salvation Army had in my suburb and picked up a plastic bag full of antique piping tubes and tips for $5! I haven't done too much cake decoration but I am interested in learning so lately I have been having a play.

My piping gun and some of the nozzles


 I made a plain chocolate cake and iced it with whipped ganache then used vanilla buttercream to pipe the decorations.

It was for Dave, for obvious reasons
Awh!
My attempt at wee flower things and a ruffle

Pretty ruffle

It looks like some sort of medical equipment

Hard at work
 So obviously there is a lot for me to learn, but it is fun, and we enjoyed eating the cake!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!...the cake too :D That cake look fantastic.
    It's El <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to learn to decorate cakes. It look like it would be so much fun! Probably harder than I think it would be. Those frosting tips were a great find! :)

    BTW - thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment a little while back. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!