Saturday 7 January 2012

A Project Halfway & My Kitty

The last few days (alright its been a week, being on 'holiday' merges everything together) I have been attempting a super sneaky project for my old flatmate. She is currently away with family and will be back next weekend.

She found a cool old chair on the side of the road and went and bought some awesome fabric with a bright print to re-upholster it. After pulling off the back cover and about 50 staples she gave up for the moment. This was 2 months ago. Now it is definitely not my place to say anything about unfinished projects but after re-covering the dining chair and seeing how awesome it looked I thought I might give her one a go.

Now that chair probably had about 100000000 staples in it. My trusty multi-tool has withstood the punishment of prying staples out of wood. My hands have cuts and blisters, but it is now stripped to its bare bones and is ready and waiting for its new outfit.

This time I have mostly been taking photos so hopefully by the end of the week I can post my how-I-did-it with pictures!

My sewing machine is an old Globe beasty and overheated slightly after a days worth of sewing but giving her a rest for a couple of hours seemed to do the trick. I had to teach myself how to sew in the piping/edging and it seems to look alright.

I can't wait to show you guys, and my flattie, the finished product, it is definitely something I will attempt again but I definitely need a good chunk of free time to do it in.

On another note, Christchurch has been having epic sunsets lately and when I went out the other night to take some photos Killer (my cat) followed me out and sat in the driveway as if she was posing for me. So cute!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great shot of Killer. She looks enormous!!! Can't wait to see the new chair!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!